Please visit our official website
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Catwellness News from the Scottsdale Cat Clinic
Each year, more cats and kittens are being relinquished to shelters. Because every cat deserves a loving home, the American Humane Association has created Adopt-A-Cat Month as part of their mission to promote cat and kitten adoption.
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Cat
1. Cats will keep you entertained with their playful antics.
2. Cats are very affectionate and love to cuddle with you.
3. Having a cat can reduce your blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
4. Cats are very clean -- they bathe themselves!
5. Cats are independent and can be left alone while you are at work.
6. Cats do not need to be housebroken - using the litter box comes naturally to them.
7. Cats do not need a lot of space. They are perfect pets for apartments and smaller homes.
8. Taking care of a cat can help teach a child responsibility and humane values.
9. Cats get plenty of exercise living indoors. Just 15 minutes of playtime each day will satisfy a cat.
10. Approximately 4 million homeless cats end up in animal shelters every year in the United States. By adopting, you'll be saving a life.
Summer is here! Summer is the most popular time for vacationing and travel. Traveling can be hard on cats and owners alike. If you plan to travel with your cat this summer, click here to read the ASPCA's Top 10
Tips for Safe Air Travel with Your Pet.
Looking to spice up your fitness routine? A recent article suggests that pets can be great fitness partners. Bond with your cat while battling the bulge! It will not only improve your health and well-being, but your cat will see benefits too. To get more information on exercising with your cat, click here.